1. Your curls in the morning are always a surprise. You can plop, wrap and pray but still it's never 100% guaranteed you're going to wake up in the morning with manageable curls. Some days you wake up with your curls on fleek, other days things are little more…interesting.
2. People tell you what to do with your curls. Someone always thinks they know best, especially when it comes to telling you how to manage your curls. Has anyone ever given you the advice to straighten and then re-curl your mane for tidier curls? Yeah, us too.
3. You have a love-hate relationship with your flatiron. At some point, you've probably dabbled with getting bangs, and then you took your flatiron to those bangs. Maybe you even committed to flat ironing your curls. Extra points of you did it daily (you warrior.)
4. You can't remember when you last picked up a brush. Curly girls, we know that brushes and combing our hair while dry can lead to some majorly big frizz problems. Maybe you get some judgment from people for not combing your hair but send them a pic next time you do for some proof.
5. You destroy hair ties on the daily. Elastics are no match for your curls! You always have a hair tie on your wrist and usually an extra to loan to your fellow curly haired girls, because no hair tie is safe once it gets into those locks! Sometimes you even find one a day or two later.
6. People ask you if your hair is real. Well, yes. Yes it is. It's real and naturally curly. This is usually followed up by questions about how you make your curls look like that and can they touch them? The answers: genetics and no!
7. Your curls never look as awesome as they do right from the salon. You've experimented with different haircuts and styles (sometimes tragically) but you can never recreate those fresh from the salon styled curls. Hairdressers are clearly magicians.
8. The blowdryer is your enemy. With a diffuser and some careful styling, your curls can look amazing. However, if you take a blow dryer to your wet curls…disaster. Frizz. Mayhem. You get it.
What are some struggles you've dealt with, curly girls? Check out the rest of them here and let us know what yours are!