There are a lot of reasons to love winter. The snow, holidays, and night cozied up with a blanket and good book are all wonderful ways to spend the winter. However, the cold months can be tough on your curls. These are the easiest ways to care for your curls during the winter. Follow these easy tips and tricks for simplifying your winter curl care routine.
The Easiest Ways To Care For Your Curls During The Winter
- Keep it healthy! Comfort foods are tempting, but make sure to pepper your diet with an assortment of fruits, veggies, and lean proteins. Additionally, drink tons of water. This will encourage healthy cell growth, and keep your curls strong.
- When you can, skip washes. Unless you're regularly working up an intense sweat, you can extend your times between washes. Using protective styles and dry shampoo can help extend the longevity of your washes. Less washes means less chance for curls to dry out.
- Sleep on or in silk. Silk pillowcases are great not only for the delicate skin on your face, but also for your fragile curls. However, silk pillowcases aren't for everyone. If you don't want to give up that cotton case, tuck your curls into a silk lined cap or bonnet instead to keep frizz to a minimum and fight moisture loss.
- Always prepoo. As irritating as it can be to take an extra step, you won't regret prepooing your curls.
- Grab your favorite oils and give your scalp regular massages. This will serve a couple of purposes: build up and dandruff will be removed, blood flow will be increased, and it's super relaxing.
- Instead of tucking your curls in a shower cap, leave it off. Keep your head out from under the spray, but allow your strands to absorb the steam from the shower. This will introduce moisture back into your strands.