Many curly girls with waves struggle to love their curl type. Finding ways to really make your waves pop without using heat can be difficult. Waves face struggles other curlies don't always deal with. We want you to love your waves, and also keep them healthy. Here's a quick and easy tutorial on how to get great waves.
1. After cleansing your curls, apply your regular products throughout. While waves are damp, section into 2-4 sections, depending on the amount of hair you have. Alternate twisting the sections inward and outward. If you have a lot of sections, twist them tighter.
2. Once you've twisted on side of your head, twist the hair on the other side in different directions. Secure the ends.
3. Now that you've made your twists, you have a couple of options. You can clip your curls up and allow your hair to air-dry, which could take several hours depending on the thickness of your waves. If you don't have time to wait around, you can use a diffuser to begin the drying process. Cup each twist in the diffuser and allow it to dry completely.
4. Once your sections are completely dry, allow them to cool down. This will help your waves set into more defined textures and coils. After your curls have completely cooled, you can unclip them and begin piecing out the sections you want to highlight. If you want a looser, more casual look you can flip your curls upside down and shake them out. Run your fingers through the sections to loosen the waves and create a more relaxed, beachy look.
5. Enjoy your beautifully defined waves! Once you've determined how you want your waves to look, you can hit them with a little bit of product. For beach babe waves, spritz your waves with a sea salt spray to give some texture and more a of a “messy” look. If you'd like your waves to be more defined and hold up for longer, spritz them with a medium hold hairspray.