We get it, there are days where you never want your good hair day to end and it doesn’t have to; you can go to bed and rise and shine with fabulous hair. How? Read on because we’re spilling the top six styling secrets to preserving your curls, overnight. Try one or try ‘em all to figure out which trick helps you awake to the best version of your curls.
1. Plopping: Curly Penny, shows us this super easy, super convenient air drying technique that tames your hair, prevents frizz and boosts volume—no heat damage required. By plopping your hair overnight you can dry your curls and wake up with your curl pattern intact. This technique requires you to apply gel to wet or damp hair and then you can get plop it! Sweet dreams.
source: youtube.com @ CurlyPenny
2. Slip Silk Pillow Case ($79.90): Get bed-head under control by ditching your cotton pillowcase and indulge in Slip Silk’s, luxurious pure silk pillowcase instead. Cotton and curly hair are a big no-no as cotton absorbs the moisture from your hair and scalp, leaving your curls dry, frizzy, and undefined. Silk on the other hand, moisturizes your hair and face (goodbye wrinkles!) while you sleep, giving a whole new meaning to beauty sleep! Awake feeling refreshed with your curls on
point — it’s worth the investment. (Photo via XO Vain)
3. Pretty AnntoiNets Vibrant Silk Scarf ($24): Bonnets not your style? We get it, they’re not the most desirable thing to wear to bed, so try a silk scarf instead. This fun, printed scarf will help seal in moisture to keep your curls hydrated all night, as well as minimize breakage by protecting your ends from friction. Remember, the whole idea here is to protect those curls and look good the next day!
4. Bantu Knots: Do you think it’s too good to be true to awake to defined, frizz-free curls in the morning? Well, with bantu knots it’s completely possible. Follow BianceReneeToday as she tries overnight bantu knots for the first time — don’t worry she gets amazing results!
source: youtube.com @ BiancaReneeToday
5. Twists: You spent hours on perfecting those curls, why let one night of sleep ruin all of your hard work? Follow along as AskProy, gives us the low down on preserving your locks for three full days of big, beautiful and defined curls with two-strand twists. This can be done on wet or dry hair, but curls will turn out tighter if hair starts out damp. Two strand twists work best for kinkier curls and coils. source: youtube.com @ askpRoy
6. Pineapple Pony: Naturally Curly, spills the secret to preserving curls overnight and it all starts with a pineapple pony. This overnight curl protecting method is so simple it will quickly become a part of your night-time routine. With your curls loosely tied atop the crown of your head you won’t have to worry about flat hair, breakage or frizz and since the pineapple lifts the hair’s roots, you’ll rise and shine with plenty of volume and refreshed curls. source: youutube.com @ The Twist by NaturallyCurly.com
There you have it, the holy grail of overnight curl hacks to keep your curls tamed and defined.
Sweet dreams and rise and shine to another good hair day!
Latest posts by Michelle Swift (see all)
- Curl Talk: Which Curly Hair-Cutting Method Is Right For You? - August 25, 2016
- #MyCurlsCan: 5 Versatile Haircuts For Naturally Curly Hair - August 1, 2016
- 6 Boho Chic Updos For Curly Hair - July 27, 2016