We don’t know about you, but we are all about easy mornings when it comes to curls. We like hairstyles that are wash and go, or easy to put together. When you have curly hair, your possibilities really are endless. Curls tend to hold a style better and depending on type they may loan themselves more naturally to styling. Check out this super easy, super chic updo that’s perfect for all types of curls, and let us know what you think!
What you’ll need:
- Three small elastics, either clear or cloth ones that match your hair color
- Bobby pins
What to do:
- Create three ponytails at the back of your head. Carefully divide curls (don’t rip or tear) into three even sections. The first will be around your temples, the second even to your ears and the third below, closer to the nape of your neck. Make sure to gather up any loose curls.
- Individually, flip each ponytail up and over itself. You can do this by creating a hole above the ponytail and flipping your curls up, then into the hole. Once the curls are through, tighten up the elastic.
- Once you’ve done the first ponytail, tuck the tail into the second hole, then repeat.
- When you’re moving onto the third ponytail, you have a couple of styling options. For a looser, less structured look you could flip the ponytail through and tighten up the elastic, leaving the ends loose.
- To create a more formalized up do, you can create a bun. Do this by taking the third ponytail and gently rolling up the nape of your neck. Once you’ve created a bun, use several bobby pins to hold it in place. Adjust loose curls or tendrils to create a softer, more undone look and you’re ready to rock your new updo!