If your curls are looser, you have definitely dealt with your share of curl care woes! Like any curly girl, you've probably put your waves through some abuse by blowdrying, brush and flat ironing your curls. If your natural curls are looking a little dull these days, we've got 5 awesome tips and tricks to help pop those wavy curls back into action.
1. Moisturize: Make sure you are consistently hydrating those curls. Always use a good moisturizing conditioner after you shampoo. Once to twice a week (depending on how dry your curls are) treat your locks to a deep conditioning treatment. Slather your strands with some coconut oil and wrap it in a microfiber towel or old t-shirt to allow your curls to absorb the moisture. If you're short on time, grab a moisturizing hair oil or serum instead.
2. Toss the hairbrush: It is an enemy to your curls. Using a hairbrush on looser curls separates the strands which results in frizz. Avoid the brush and if you must use a comb to detangle, pick up a wide tooth comb instead.
3. Plop: Rubbing your curls with a towel is a guaranteed way to end up with frizz. Rubbing roughs up your curl's cuticles so opt to plop instead. Gently squeeze out the excess water and plop your curls to get a beachy, wavy texture.
4. Hands to yourself: Until your curly waves are dry, keep your hands to yourself. The natural oils from your fingers and palms can transfer to your curls while they're drying and will ultimately weigh them down.
5. Have a plan B: Sometimes your wavy curls just aren't going to cooperate. It happens. Have a go-to style like a messy updo or ponytail ready to go for those days your curls just won't behave.