Have you ever wondered how some curly girls have such long strands? It can sometimes feel very difficult to achieve longer length with curly strands. However, it's impossible. Here's how this influencer went from short to long curls. Read her story, and learn more about growing and maintaining long strands.
How This Influencer Went From Short To Long Curls
If you've ever poked around on YouTube, you might've stumbled upon Whitney White, and her channel Naptural85. Whitney works as a graphic designer, is married, and the mother two kids, so it's safe to say she's got a lot on her plate. Whitney has a ton of great videos and resources on her channels, but we're going to share her top tips for going from short to long curls.
- Mist your curls daily. Curls tend to get dry, and need some extra hydration. A mist with some lightweight oil can help resupply and seal moisture in. Hydrated curls are less likely to break.
- Don't skip trims. When curls get dry, damaged, or split, it's time for a trim. Making sure you keep a regular slot in your stylist's book creates a healthy habit.
- Skip shampoos, and instead opt for cowash. When you shampoo too frequently, you run the risk of removing excess oils, and making curls dry.
- Keep your hands out of your curls as much as possible. When you do have to touch your curls, try to avoid over manipulation. Opt for low manipulation protective styles, which can give your curls a break. Additionally, skip any styling accessories that can cause damage to your hair, and opt for gentle clips or elastics.
- Give yourself a break. When you're having a hard or bad day, don't do your hair. It's easy to take your frustration out on your strands, and this can lead to breakage, or ill advised haircuts. Wait until you're feeling more calm and centered before making any changes.
- Eat well, and make sure to get a wide array of vitamins and minerals into your diet. Additionally, ensure you're drinking plenty of water, and getting rest.