You’ve heard us talk about the wonders of coconut oil for curls. If you have damaged curls, coconut oil can be your saving grace when it comes to recovering your texture. If you’re noticing that your curls might be looking damaged, lifeless and lacking bounce, this DIY curl care treatment masque can help! You can use it once for a spot treatment or add it into your curl care regime to get gorgeous, healthy curls.
What you’ll need:
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil, scented or unscented.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of raw honey.
- 2 egg yolks (this will boost your curl’s protein).
- Heated microfiber towel.
- Essential oil for fragrance, antibacterial/fungal treatments, etc.
What to do:
- Place the coconut oil in a microwaveable bowl and melt.
- Add the honey and eggs, mixing until smooth. If you want to use essential oils, add them to the mix at this time.
- While the mixture is still hot, apply it from the roots of your curls to the tips.
- Warm the towel and then wrap it around your curls.
- Allow to sit for an hour, or overnight for severely damaged curls (use a shower cap to prevent it from ruining your silk pillowcase).
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
Once you’ve rinsed the masque out, follow it with your favorite shampoo and deep conditioner. Allow your curls to dry naturally and you’ll see an increased amount of shine, softness and styleability! To increase the benefits for your curls, use this masque once a week.