There’s nothing more frustrating than lots of strands of curls falling out. While some curl fall is normal, it can be frustrating if it feels as though you’re losing a large amount of your strands. There can be lots of reasons why you're losing your hair, such as stress, environmental factors, diet and exercise.
If you feel as though you're losing lots of hair, you should always consult with a healthcare provider to rule out any underlying medical conditions. Otherwise, give this DIY curl care mask a try. It's super easy and you can create it with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. This mask is perishable, so make sure you use it right away or store it in your fridge after you mix it up.
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Egg
What to do:
- Crack the egg into a large bowl and whisk briskly until it becomes frothy.
- The yolk and the whites should be completely blended.
- Once the egg is completely blended, mix all the other ingredients in, whisking until they’re all incorporated and have achieved a smooth consistency.
- Shampoo your curls with a non sulfate shampoo and then apply the mask liberally throughout your strands, making sure to cover all your curls. If you have thick or long curls, it might be a good idea to section your strands out and clip them back.
- Using your fingertips, massage the mask into your scalp, then work it through your strands. Make sure you've completely covered all your curls. If you have very thick, coily, coarse or long curls, you may need to double this recipe to make sure you'll have enough.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and allow to sit for 30 minutes. Rinse your curls with cold water and use a mild shampoo if needed to help remove the excess mask from your hair.