It's true, our curls are often the envy of the with straight hair. They wish they had our volume and ability to do just about any hair style we want. We, however, know that it isn't always sunshine and roses when it comes to curls. We know that having gorgeous curls takes time, dedication and sometimes a little bit of luck. When it comes to making sure your curls look great, we want you to be successful! We're sharing a few of our favorite hacks that'll make caring for your curls even easier.
- Bottoms up: When you're working at detangling your curls, start from the bottom. Once the bottom is detangled, work your way up through the curl shaft, managing one tangle at a time.
- Be regular: While many curlies skip this vital trick, make sure you're getting regular trims. Seeing your stylist every 6-8 weeks will help keep splits to a minimum which will let your curls grow longer and stronger.
- Create cocktails: When you need a product that works just for you, consider creating your own customized cocktail. This is a great way to mix some of your favorites, like a smoothing serum with a curl defining gel.
- Smooth ends: Occasionally, curls can hit a dry patch. When this happens, apply leave in conditioners to your ends for an extra boost of shine and moisture. This will help minimize frizz and give curls a boost.
- Dry it: If you've never picked up the diffuser that came with your hair dryer, consider digging it out of your bathroom vanity drawer. A diffuser cradles curls and allows air to rush over them evenly. Curls can dry slowly while maintaining their shape.