Are your curls feeling weighed down? It could because they're suffering under the weight of product build up. There's no better way to free your curls from build up than using apple cider vinegar (ACV)! This homemade rinse will cleanse your scalp and help with dandruff and psoriasis. It's a win-win for your curls!
What you'll need:
- 1 cup raw or unfiltered ACV
- 2 cups distilled water
- Spray bottle
How to make it:
- Mix 1 cup ACV and 2 cups distilled water into spray bottle
- Section curls and spray mixture onto scalp
- Massage mixture into your scalp using the pads of your fingers
- Rinse thoroughly, allowing it to run over your curls
- Shampoo and condition curls as usual
The Benefits of ACV:
ACV has tons of uses apart from this fantastic home remedy. You can enhance your curl-cleansing routine by adding 1 teaspoon of ACV to your regular shampoo. You can use this mixture 1-2 times per week, but should avoid using it on colored curls to protect your color. The ACV will cleanse your hair of any product residue or build up. Additionally, it is great for combating persistent dandruff. ACV is a natural antimicrobial, and can kill the bacteria that makes itchy scalps.
Have you ever tried ACV on your curls? Read more about the ways you can use it here and let us know in the comments.