One of the best kept secrets in natural curl care is castor oil. Castor oil has been used for hundreds of years as a beauty product, especially among naturalistas. However, all curly types can benefit from this restorative oil. These are the benefits of using castor oil in curls. After you've incorporated castor oil into your curl care routine, don't forget to let us know how it works for you.
The Benefits Of Using Castor Oil In Curls
- Castor oil helps control curl fall and curb excessive curl loss
- As a result, castor oil encourages thicker growth by increasing blood flow to the scalp
- Helps manage and eradicate the fungus that causes dandruff
- Coats active split ends and helps prevent future splits from occuring
- Enhances the overall shine and health of your curly hair
- Encourages longer, stronger curl growth
How to use:
Castor oil works best when applied directly to the curls and scalp. Here's how you can use castor oil to unlock all its amazing benefits.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of castor oil, 1 tablespoon of jojoba or almond oil, and 5-10 drops of essential oils. Therefore, rosemary, tea tree, or peppermint for their anti fungal and stimulating properties.
- Blend all the ingredients together until fully incorporated. Place into a small bottle or jar. A bottle with a stopper works best, as it's easiest to distribute. Shake to make sure all the ingredients are well blended.
- Apply 10 drops to your scalp. Use your finger tips to massage it directly into the skin. Make sure to massage completely throughout your strands. After you've completely covered your scalp, pull the oil throughout your curls towards the ends. Cover with a plastic shower cap, and apply heat if desired. Allow the product to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- After the oil has sat, use warm water and a gentle shampoo to remove the oil. Follow up with your favorite moisturizing conditioner. Therefore, you'll need to apply this treatment 1-2x per week to see faster improvement.