Have you ever felt as though adding a protein treatment to your curl care regime is a pain the you-know-what? Us, too. When you're trying to get wash day done, adding extra steps can be a real pain. In order to keep your curls their healthiest, they need to be maintained regularly, and this can include ensuring your curls are getting extra protein. Protein treatments aren't the same as a deep conditioner. In fact, a protein treatment is designed to help repair damaged curls, and prevent brittle strands.
Once in awhile, your curls might feel a bit drier after a protein treatment, but you can do an extra deep conditioning treatment to help. You don't need to spend a bundle to get a protein treatment. You can create one with things right from your own kitchen.
- 10 drops rosemary oil
- ½ teaspoon dried lavender flower
- 1 tablespoon raw shea butter
- ½ cup full-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsulfured blackstrap molasses
What to do:
- Melt shea butter.
- Add yogurt to the melted shea butter.
- Add molasses and stir, creating a light brown mixture.
- Apply the mixture from the crown of your head to the tips of your curls.
- Leave in for 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse and condition if needed.