If you have dry curls, you probably want to do anything you can to get soft, healthy hair. If you can’t figure out why your curls are suffering, it could be because of your shampoo choices. For curlies, regular shampoos can strip their delicate strands of natural oils, leaving them feeling lifeless and dry. What’s causing that immediate dryness? The answer: sulphates. Here are our favorite sulphate free shampoos that won’t cause your curls grief.
1. Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo : This shampoo gently cleanses and the Shea Butter helps leave moisture behind. It also features sea kelp to help nourish damaged, brittle curls by smoothing distressed cuticles. Argan oil helps curls maintain their elasticity and shine.
2. Oyin Handmade Honey Wash: This product is great not only for hair but for all over! It moisturizes, tones and conditions for an inclusive all in one experience. The organic castille soap gently cleanses, while honey moisturizes. Aloe vera gel and jojoba oils make sure moisture gets added back in.
3. Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo This shampoo’s creamy, gentle lather will cleanse your curls without damaging them. If your curls are fine and prone to being weighed down, this is the shampoo for you! It doesn’t have any of the extra oils that can pull your curls down.
4. Kinky Curly Come Clean : The mandarin orange extract in this ultra gentle shampoo will remove all of the yuckies clinging to your curls without harming them. If your curls are dry and stressed, this is the shampoo for you.
5. Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Sulphate Free Shampoo : If your curls are damaged and prone to tangles or knots, this shampoo will help. The Monoi oils help strengthen and repair damage. If you’ve colored your curls or they’re damaged from other chemical treatments, pick up this great product!