Has the cold winter air got your curls feeling dry and lifeless? We've been there too, curlies! The cold, dry air of the winter months can really wreak havoc on your sensitive curls. Developing and maintaining a proper curl care regime is crucial to having healthy curls, and YouTuber, blogger and natural-curl rocker Ronke Raji is going to show us how to properly moisturize our dry curls.
What you'll need:
- Spray bottle filled with water
- Moisturizing conditioner
- Hair oil
What to do:
- Use the spray bottle to wet your curls, making sure to pay close attention to your scalp. Pull your curls apart, working in sections to make sure all of your hair gets wet.
- Apply the moisturizer throughout your curls. If your curls are feeling extra dry, you could do this after you deep condition, which will give your hair an extra boost of moisture. Part your curls and use your fingers to work through any tangles.
- Massage the oil throughout your curls and into your scalp.
- Grab your wide tooth comb, pick or just use your fingers to shape your moisturized curls.
Tips and tricks for moisturized curls:
- Drink tons of water. If your curls are feeling dry, make sure you're properly hydrating.
- Increase your deep conditioning treatments. 2-3 times per week will help with moisturizing curls.
- Protect your curls by sleeping with a satin bonnet or pillowcase.
- Spray your hair with water 1-3 times per week.
Interested in learning more of Ronke's techniques? Check her out here.